|The Putnam Pit proudly presents . .
Official City of Cookeville
Recreation Site for Browsing at Work
Remember: emulate your boss.
Your boss in a moment
of self reflection
Must be destroyed
Throw one for mankind -- Brick a brand
Live, from The Netherlands:
This is the index of the rec.puzzles archive, taken from email@example.com, and subsequently edited for HTML by Arlet Ottens. You can browse through the puzzles, and click on the Solution link to see the solution of the puzzle.
E-mail without a subject that says: "I think your solution is wrong, the man must be born on a wednesday" will usually be ignored.
Are you too smart to work for Cookeville?
If your IQ is higher
than 100 you may never advance up the bureaucracy because you may be too
smart to work for your boss. This is why Cookeville Police Chief Bob Terry,
the candidate for the job with the least formal education, immediately
did away with the written test requirement for advancement to command positions
within the department. Hell, how smart do you have to be to pad your overtime
card? If you score too high, keep trying until you bring it down between
75 and 90.
You'll be blissful you did.
1. Sandlot Science [April 1999]
2. Riddle du jour[June 1, 1998]
3. U.K. No. 1 Puzzle Site [June 2, 1998]
4. Govbot is watching you [June 14, 1998]
5. Here is a forum where you can discuss the Intellectual outlaws -- writers, philosophers, artists, scientists, composers, filmmakers -- who through their lives and the ferocious force of their personalities have ushered in titanic cultural change. [June 15]
6. Dead pet postings [June 17]
7. University of Tennessee Men's Athletic Department Official Site [June 19, 1998]
- Animal Heaven is an art site generated by artist and writer Sally McKay.
- The Pet Cemetery is a page devoted to short stories and eulogies about Becky Williams' and her friends' and family's past pets.
- The Digital Beyond: To proceed with a service, simply lay the departed on top of your monitor and wait for the digital morticians to arrange your pet's service and assemble the mourners.
- Rendering has been called "the silent industry."
8. Conflict of interest: Whenever allegations of conflict of interest involving public officials arise, the person being accused never seems to have a problem justifying or rationalizing the activity that gave rise to the allegation. People in public office are expected to act on behalf of and in the best interests of the citizenry. A conflict of interest arises for someone in public office when that person acts, or appears to act, on behalf of someone other than the citizenry. [June 22, 1998]
9. Beauty tips July 2, 1998]
10. Man cannot live by Cheetoes alone
CULTURE AND THOUGHT
People in action for a better world
(Internet Links)[July 3, 1998]11. "So you're 'The Government?" [July 12, 1998]
12. Name the dead bluesman and win a free ticket to Hawaii from The Putnam Pit
Contest is for one day only, today, Monday, July 20, 1998
13. Knowing but not telling
From Salon MagazineDo you know something you're not telling about Cookeville government? How should you be punished?
14. Who is a liar, who tells the truth?
Detritus- in nature, detritus is dead plant and animal matter that makes new life possible. The very bottom of the food chain, detritus is the rotting leaves in the forest, the silt on the bottom of the pond, the thick dark mud in the salt marsh. It sticks to your shoes, it smells, but someday it will be food for something else, and that something will be food in turn, on and on up the food chain until you pick it up in the supermarket and put it in your mouth.
You are Visitor No: