[Editor's note: Here is an e-mail message from
a local reader who had lost faith in local journalism. It is letters like
this that remind journalists that our mission is to shine the light on
government, whether they like it or not. Thanks for taking the time to
write, and for your vote of confidence.]
Reader was 'too quick' to judge The Pit
- Dear Mr. Davidian:
- If you remember some time ago I asked to be removed from your "junk
mail list". It seems this was a mistake on my part. After reading
more and more of your electronic paper I feel you are unlike others and
report based on facts not the buddy system.
- Please accept my apology for thinking, "your articles could be
slanted to suit your needs for the right price.
- Please, put me back on your mail list. We all make mistakes at one
time or the other and I was a little quick to judge your paper.
- [I]n regard to publishing my letter, please, withhold my name as I
do not want to be harassed by anyone for anything especially for admiting
that your type of paper is needed. Every community needs people like you
who report the facts, and are not influenced by money nor fearful as most
of us in regard to harassment by the ones caught with their hand in our
- Name withheld at writer's request.